MA (sociology), University of kalyani, WB, 1994; M.Phil (City, Anomie and Juvenile Delinquency: A Case of Kolkata Special Homes), Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, 2000; Ph.D - (Development, Anomie and Organized Gang Crime), TISS, Mumbai, 2002; Fellow, Asia Research Center, London School of Economics, (LSE), UK
Sir Ratan Tata fellowship, Asia Research Center, London School of Economics, UK, 2008-09
Sir Dorabji Merit Fellowship 1996-99
Ministry of Defense Fellowship, 2000-2002
List of Publications (Published):
Sarkar, S. (2000): Combating Organized Crime: A Case Study of Mumbai City. Fault lines, vol. 12, pp.133.
Sarkar, S. (2002): Juveniles Under Trials in Calcutta and Greater Calcutta: An Explorations in Contemporary Social Work, vol. XIX, April, pp. 96-106
Sarkar, S. (2002): Combating Organized Crime as Systems Strategy: A Case of Mumbai Metropolis in the Indian Police Journal, January – March, pp. 42-52.
- Penology and Penalty of Death: Discourse and Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin, Vol. X, No. (9), Sept, 2002, pp: 15
- Nature and Extent of Juvenile Delinquents in Kolkata and Greater Kolkata: An Exploration, in Indian Journal of Social Work, Vol. 64, Jan, 2003.
- Developments in Information Technology and Criminal Vulnerability: Emerging Challenges in Urban India, 2003, The Indian Police Journal, Vol. L, No (2), P: 62
- Juvenile Delinquency and Role of Family and School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata ", published in the Indian Journal Social Work, Vol.66, Issue No. 1, P: 14-35
- Effective Leadership Style: A Case Study on Few Leaders in the MNC in Mumbai, published, Synergy, I.T.S. journal of I.T & Management, Vol.4.No.2, July 2006, P:109-111
- Women Labour-force in Unorganized Sector: A Study on Construction Workers in Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, Vol XXVII (No. 2), P: 20-27 , 2007
- Beggary in Urban India: Conflict and Challenges of Development, Social Action, Vol: 57, No.1, pp: 45-55. , 2007
- Women at Work in the Era Globalisation: A Flip Side, Presented at International Feminist Summit, Townsville, Australia , 22-17 june,2007 and published in Conference Compendium, website address, www.fagenda.org
- Women in Unorganized Sector and Brick Klin Industry: A Case of Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, April-June, 2008, P:3113. Youth in organized crime in Mumbai: A developmental Perspective in Indian Journal of Social Work , vol. 69, issue no.3, July, 2008,pp. 297-480
- Safety and Security of Citizens in City of Mumbai in Mumbai Reader'08Supported by "The Arts Management 'Initiative of Sri Ratan Tata Trust , Mumbai Redears-08, Urban Design Research Institute , pp.476-494, Sept, 2009
- Increasing Fear and Sense of insecurity in Mumbai Metropolis, CBI, July, 2009
- Women Entrepreneurs and their Emerging Livelihood Issues, ASBM, March, 2010
- Corporate Crime: Discourse & Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin (Oct-Dec 2010)
- Fear of Victimisation amongst Urban Neighbourhood : A Case of Mumbai, (forthcoming) UDRI, December, 2011
- Copenhagen Summit: A critical view to UNFCC, ASBM (forthcomimg) December, 2011
Research papers (Presented at International Research Seminars):
"Social Pathology and Youth Anomie — A Case Study of Mumbai City". Presented at British Post Graduate Criminology Conference, University of Hull, UK, Center for Criminology and Criminal Justice, April, 2002..
Paper entitled " The Youth in Organized Crime in Mumbai Metropolis: A Developmental Perspectives" presented at Post Graduate Conference, University of Leicester, UK, Scarman Centre, April, 2003
"Juvenile Delinquency and Role of School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata Metropolis", Paper was accepted for the Second International Conference on Violence in School, May 11-14, 2003, Qubec City, Canada, (not presented).
- Paper on "Growing Insecurity and Unsafe Life in Mumbai Metropolis: Implication for Policy Intervention", submitted and accepted in 'Resurgent City Symposium, 2004, London School of Economics', 19th –21st April, 2004. Paper titled "Urban Safety and Resurgence to Policy Implementation: A Case of Mumbai", is presented at International Conference on Economic Reform in India and China - Emerging Issues and Challenges, 29-30,Feb, 2005, IGIDR Campus.
- Popular Culture and Youth Crimes, guest lecture, at the University of Kent, 2009
- Paper titled "Workaholism among professionals", presented in conference at IIT Kanpur, at Annual Psychological Conference, 2007.
- Development & Crime : Future Shock of India, working research paper, Presented at Public Lecture, LSE, 2009
- Counter Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism : A Case of Gaddi Community, Dharamkot, HP, India, at UKHM university, Bangi, KUAL, Malaysia, May, 2009
Research on Closure of Tea Gardens and Displaced Livelihood: Case Women Laborers in the Plantations of Darjeeling District, West Bengal, on going sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi, 2008-11
Counter –Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism: A Case of Dharamkot, Himachal Pradesh, funded by UGC, University of Mumbai, 2006-07
Women Labour force in Construction: A Case of Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Emerging Livelihood Issues of Women working in Brick Kiln: A Case of Panvel Village Clusters, Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Changing Culture and Habit amongst Women working in BPO: A Study of few Call Centers in Navi Mumbai, 2004
- Co-ordinated a study on impact of fines and penalties on motor vehicle drivers in May 2002. The study was conducted by Road Users Safety Forum. A Project funded by BPR&D, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi., 2002
- Research Project for the Unit for Urban Studies, TISS, titled "Space, Crime and City: A Case of Mumbai", 2003
Globalization and Gender:
A Changing Perspectives, Rawat Publication, New Delhi
Livelihood issue and sustainable Development:
A case study of two villages in North Bengal (BTR), India. Publication, ISI Bangalore 6th Dec, 2013.
Research Working Paper:
Religion, Faith and its Survival in post Modern Era: A contemporary Discourse.
- Migration and Diversification of Livelihood: A case of Mumbai.